Buy Our Lot
- How and when did home mortgages become Wall Street’s playthings?
- Who invented subprime loans – and how did they remain legal?
- Who won the presidency promising to help as many Americans as possible buy a home?
- What did Fannie Mae really do?
- How did renters become second-class citizens?
- Could your house be a target for mortgage fraud?
- Why do new homes generate more greenhouse gases than all the nation’s cars, trucks and buses combined?
Through stories about ordinary Americans who did their part to make the United States a nation of homeowners, Our Lot reveals how real estate turned into a fatal national obsession.
Buy Our Lot: How Real Estate Came to Own Us at:
IndieBound – support local independent bookstores!